Thread: Desktop x proximity switch adjustment

Default Desktop x proximity switch adjustment

The x proximity works, if you push it when the x axis is moving it stops. But when it is mounted on the rail, the bar that is suppose to trigger it passes right over it. I moved it to the right from the factory mounting position and the bar passed over the switch and dislodged the switch plug. Are there adjustment screws for the bar to move it closer to the rail to trigger the switch. This is a very old 24x18 desktop that belongs to a friend.(maybe 8 years old?) The y proximity switch does work. Thank for any help.

Late 2014 Desktop here Larry.
    Hmm....Does sound like it's working if you can manually trigger it
    "the bar that is suppose to trigger it " Mine doesn't have a bar...it triggers off the lower bearing block itself, so can't help you there.
    But, have you inspected the trigger to see if it's been worn down/broken?
    When pushed to the left is input 3 light coming on?
    Contact and trigger cleaned? (Padauk dust has caused mine not to trigger a couple times).
    NOT that expensive to order from Shopbot Sales if I remember right from ordering a replacement years ago(my fault it got pranged).

Would the thickness of a Very High Bond double sided tape help?
    Sorry not more help.
    scott
    Does it even look like the switch in my pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Late 2014 Desktop here Larry.
    Hmm....Does sound like it's working if you can manually trigger it
    "the bar that is suppose to trigger it " Mine doesn't have a bar...it triggers off the lower bearing block itself, so can't help you there.
    But, have you inspected the trigger to see if it's been worn down/broken?
    When pushed to the left is input 3 light coming on?
    Contact and trigger cleaned? (Padauk dust has caused mine not to trigger a couple times).
    NOT that expensive to order from Shopbot Sales if I remember right from ordering a replacement years ago(my fault it got pranged).

Would the thickness of a Very High Bond double sided tape help?
    Sorry not more help.
    scott
    Does it even look like the switch in my pic?
    This is a lot of help Scott. First, my bar and your bearing block are the same thing, I wasn't sure what to call it. You verified how its suppose to work , I'll be surprised the the thick tape doesn't work. I have some 3m tape used for trim on cars. I'm going to try that first. Finally mine doesn't look exactly like your but it is mounted in the same place. I'll be trying this either today or during the weekend and will let you know the results. Thanks again.
    Larry

Scott, I tried to thank you for your help this morning but after almost 17 hours I don't see it. I guess I don't understand how things work here. I'm hoping the thick tape will work

No problem...Just hope that problem with responses disappearing into the ether like a couple times in the past hasn't come back!
    I had additional prox switches added to our 2 Desktops...and moved 4 of them just a hair.
    I had to remove the double stick tape Shopbot(?) used....and when I called into Tech....They told me to just use Gel CA to restick them.
    Been 4 years and still good

IF you need anything like measurements, etc.....Give a shout!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine