Tom

First of all look at the date I joined this forum. I currently own two shopbots, my fourth and fifth. I say this to let you know that I am a long time and truly committed fan.

I refer you to the history of the Eastman Kodak company. They were the first to do digital photography and they were damn good at it. They priced it high - because they were Kodak and they WERE photography. Essentially they removed themselves from the competition and felt that they were on another level. So technology just marched right around them. Today they are, for all intents, out of the marketplace.

That is what you are faced with right now. The first stumbling block you have is the fact that you have been selling 1990 software for a long time and your reputation has suffered. You have the best customer support in the business but then you have to have it. Before I would buy Fabmo I would have to be convinced that it is better than the other guys and that you are going to be around for the long run to support it. Technology has raced right around you. The Centroid product is far more robust and much better to work on. I own and work on both! All of us out here have had years to learn about CNC machining and we don't need to be protected from G code anymore.

The best way out of this swamp is to swallow your pride and quit shoveling sand against the tide. Get the competition to start producing Blue boards for you and call them Walnuts. Concentrate on your strength - producing an economical CNC machine for the Mom and Pop operations that can't afford a Komo. Most importantly a machine that works predictably each and every time you turn it on, even on a Sunday night!