Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First major issue with PRS Alpha

Hi Brady,

New fuse in today but still stumped and cannot move the gantry. Have checked the 24V and 5V DC output and it is good.

There is power at the wiring connectors on the front of the stepper dtivers but no led lights on any of them. See attached pic.

Another issue is that when we start the machine up and hit the reset button all is good. if we go to move the gantry it simply displays the error message and won't move. Interestingly, if I depress the master e-stop button, then release it, and press reset, the machine will not reset and the Reset Stop/Driver message remains in the red control box. I have checked all wiring in the stops from the switch to the board and there is continuity on all. Could be related but I'm not sure?

Any ideas?

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Belay that, one of the boys just found a loose wire.

Problem solved. The K3 wire that runs from the board to the underside of the top RHS contactor had fallen out and was sitting right next to where it was meant to enter the contactor. Plugged it in and all works - phew! Thanks for your assistance guys.

Glad you got it. Good thing SB makes every wire blue...but at least they label them...
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Ha Ha, which wire should I cut? The blue one! *BOOM*
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    Ha Ha, which wire should I cut? The blue one! *BOOM*
    That's comedy right there...
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com