Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of activity

Beautiful Piece Rick!!
    Well Done Indeed!!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

definitely different for me. its still a work in progress and hopefully will look better.

Maybe it is a big advert for Brady- but I believe he is one of the best things about ShopBot- that is basically a supporter and outside the major parameters of the company.... he supports, schools and advises on a VARIETY of topics.

ShopBot is not a perfect fix for everything that ails us- but it is the best and most logical company/ set of tools/customer support to launch a maker revolution. I am just scratching the surface of what I want to do with ShopBot, because I still have a day job. I do not think the concept is dead. I think the loss of shop classes in HS around the country have left us with a generation that goes to the store and buys cheap junk plastic.

If we get too deep in this row with China, we may suddenly find ourselves and our machines quite "in demand".... in fact, if you have not already seized on this as an opportunity to turn people back toward American-made, hand crafted goods- then you are probably missing the best opportunity of your lives to make a living selling what you can think of and then create... and I do not subscribe to the theory that people are moving away from ShopBot because their tech hasn't kept up. I think people are moving away from MAKING THINGS, and that is a shame and a mistake, IMO. (ahem.... stepping down off soapbox now....)

As but one of untold numbers of Botters who have been helped by Brady, I want to say thank you to him for his huge support to so many over so many years. Hopefully in the long run the comments made by one person can be forgotten. Everyone else says "Thank you Brady!". Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Brady and a multitude of others helped us get up and running when I first started as a complete Newbie!
    Invaluable help, and I'm happy to plug Brady every time I see something pertinent!!
    My sincere thanks to Brady and all the others on this Forum who helped me get to the point where I can Putz and Play on the Fly!!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

I have gotten many problems solved and advice from what Brady posted.

I am still alive, lol. I use my Shopbot Alpha Buddy a lot - I bought it in 2012, and put the vacuum on the table 5 years ago this summer. I use the machine all the time at work.

I sued to post a lot of my projects, but over the past 3 or so years I tend to do the same stuff (cabinet parts, furniture parts) and it gets boring to just show you guys the same stuff all the time. Plus with a few employees to keep busy and work generally quite brisk (crazy at times) taking photos and posting takes time. And Time is at a premium more and more.

I will say, my love for the machine has not waned. I still run it flawlessly, and have never had any issues with the software myself even with the upgrades. The best thing I did was the 48” by 48” aluminum deck and vacuum system.

I dont follow forums in general much any more. My two kids (8 1/2 and 5) are all time consuming when I’m not running my shop and thats the truth!

If I ever were to look at getting a larger machine Id still consider Shopbot as my #1 choice simply due to the fact I am familiar with the software, and I have had very good reliable use from my machine in a working setting.

Miss seeing your Start to Finish Projects Andrew!!
    scott P.
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Miss seeing your Start to Finish Projects Andrew!!
    me too. Another one I miss is Gene in Kentucky. Hope is doing well after his surgery a few years ago.
    As for Brady, KEEP POSTING.

Jim,
    Eugene has had a tough road this year with another surgery/chemo, and then a couple months ago a stroke.
    Speech getting better, and he's been gardening and tractoring.....Gradually getting back in shop to train and strengthen his hand.
    Shopbot is probably the safest tool in the shop right now....BUT he's working HARD at it!!
    I'm not a praying man, but KNOW he is.....so if anyone want's to aim prayers at Kentucky, I Know he's appreciate it.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine