Thread: Can i buy an indexer for the buddy 48 prs standard.

Default Can i buy an indexer for the buddy 48 prs standard.

i want to replace my lathe.... i have aspire and am considering upgrading it to newest version too.

What do you want...a lathe or indexer? Unfortunately you have to pick a lane as they are mutually exclusive.

You can use a lathe bed and head/tail and add a stepper, driver and cable or buy any of the indexers you see on eBay and add a cable and driver to the box. The latter is what I would recommend.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Back in 2017 I made an indexer for my buddy from a cheapy that I found on E Bay. Works great and I have made a few things on it. Not all that big a deal. I extended the Z axis by 3 inches by inserting a piece of "T" track. There are quite a few threads here on that and I just followed what they said. Notice that I also have a T Track table. That was and earlier mod and it really makes the machine a lot more accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's been a while since first looking into indexer for my Buddy. I just upgraded to Aspire 10.5 and am quaking for an indexer. I am very interested in shopbots #15149 as described on their webpage. I wood like to see installation instructions for this item before making a decision. Did not see installation instuction on-line. i think it attatches to the power rail... and then to the 4g board. I probably have to redo my spoil board or something. any help would be appreciated.