Thread: Two display stands coming:(

Hybrid View

I expanded that pocket that was too large,made another pocket .04" deeper at nominal Diameter, and then crept up on it(twice) to get the fit I wanted.
    I had decided to fix the "Oopsie" by making it a Pocket on a Pedestal, using the ClipArt Dish and making it Oval.

using the 3" long .25"shank .5mmRadius TBN, I did 2 Finish Toolpaths....
    I Z-Zeroed as normal, the MN'd (Move/Nudge from command line) and of course it was full depth as it's a Finish Toolpath....
    THEN MN'd down .01" to the original depth, put a pretty thick layer of my Earthpaint Polymerized Linseed/Beeswax(80/20 heated in a Ball Jar in a double boiler) "Butter" (I usually call Linwax), and then cut again. Spread the slurry of mixed tiny chips/dust in to fill the pores, and wiped off Against the grain.

Let dry overnight with fan blowing on it, a coat of my Pine Resin/Linseed/Citrus thinner 10/40/50 at Noon yesterday, and now cutting .25" Vladimir Script description of the AAAAA Oregon Big Leaf Maple, and the Gilgit Aquamarine she picked into the pocket the Quilted rest in.

Spindle just shut down, time to flip to the back, Pocket for leather pads, mention the Black Walnut and sign.
    Then both pieces get their second coat of the Rosen mix.

Ya can hardly tell this is NOT how design was SUPPOSED to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 12.0*
    Maine

Vladimir Script came out well
    scott P.
    Maine

FINALLY got the sheen and feel right on hers

All that's left is to Goop the pockets on the back for the leather feet and set on granite countertop overnight to level...and then one beeswax mix
    His still needs a touch of bark work, and one more pine rosen mix coat.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine