Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: x stepper motor

Raster always, but do so with the axis that runs the length of the gantry and not the length of the table/moving table
    Now there's an idea I've not considered before, makes perfect sense. I've always adhered to the 45degree angle raster, but boy, does that completely go against the logic of this statement. Indeed, I'll be trying that next. Just spent over an hour cleaning up a 6x8" carving for a bonnet top cabinet. Followed TJ's most recent training vid and tuned my VCPro settings, which helped a bit.

Thanks for posting - you have given me an emphatic "YES, IT CAN BE DONE" response, so I shall plod forward, tweaking all the way.

Phenomenal carving - Shows you're far removed from plug and play - takes some time and creativity to produce a carving like that, so well matched to the slab of wood. Hope you do well producing those!

scott, actually my buddy is running as good as the one in the video, maybe some slop in the x still working on that. whenever i did offset i was moving way to and when it got to the top of the bowl, yes there was a lot of up and down z. i am back to rastering now at a more reasonable speed and the cut quality is much better.
    i am going to send you an email regarding speed.

Check the X motor mount itself & powerstick handle mechanism to make sure it is properly adjusted. 0.013" is pretty bad...but 0.007" isn't unreasonable on a BT with mileage.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady, i will check the x mount but can not find any input on the power stick handle. After slowing my speed down and cutting across the grain and in a raster cut, i am not so upset with the quality. i think that i still have some slop in the x, but for the immediate future i can live with it. this is a full shot of the plaque that i am referring to, which is a work in progress. i put stain in the graphics today
    Attached Images Attached Images