Thread: SketchUp to CabinetPartsPro

Default SketchUp to CabinetPartsPro

Here is a quick preview of what I have been working on. This video shows how you can get from SketchUp to CabinetPartsPro. Looking like this is going to be a very affordable way to get from design to your CNC. More to follow in the coming weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMbRZRC_5eA

Upon completing the layout in Sketchup, you appeared to import something to CPP (couldn't quite read the tabs and files as you went along). Was that from a folder of the saved parts, exported directly from Sketchup, or are you simply pulling the cabinets by size from a CPP library and modifying to match the Sketchup model?

Thanks for the info - watching with interest,

Jeff

I haven't used SketchUp for years, but this looks like a lot of extra keystrokes and manual manipulation as compared to Ecabinets and the Shopbot link. It's really too bad that relationship fell apart and my guess is that Shopbot will suffer much more than Thermwood. The only reason I purchased a Shopbot was because of the link. Too bad.

JTr, I created a library of cabinets in SketchUp. They are setup as a dynamic components. I then have a ruby script that creates a CSV file that can be imported into CabinetPartsPro. The script will produce a CSV file with the cabinet type and sizes. The build methods are preset in CabinetPartsPro. I will have more video that explains and shows how it all works in a few days.

Tshall, The extra clicks is more me than the process. I have only been using SketchUp for a few days when I created this video. The process would be much faster with more experience with using SketchUp.

Thanks for the effort on this Ryan. I think it will be a significant improvement to CPP! I'm looking forward to the videos.
    ShopBot PRS Standard 48x96
    HSD 2.2hp Spindle; Vacuum Table