Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vectric Version 10

Quote Originally Posted by tri4sale View Post
    yes, from the website.

Sad that they discontinued the SB version and are making people fork over a big chunk of change to upgrade... I thought the only difference was the lack of other post processors.
    What is really sad is that those of us who have recently purchased a machine with the software were promised free upgrades for a year were misled, whether intentional or not.

I am hopeful that SB and Vectric will do the right thing and honor their promise. It sounds like they are working on a solution.

so have there been any announcements on this (what I consider) debacle? they do all the announcements and previews of the product then screw up the roll out. Now I don't even have access to upgrade to VCarve Pro 10 my only upgrade is to pay $1400 for aspire from the Shopbot version of VCarve Pro 9.5. you would have thought that someone would have said hey what about all those shopbot users??? while I would love to go to Aspire just can't cough up $1400 bucks...

Latest info regarding Shopbot Edition: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...hopbot+edition
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Has there been any update on this?

Bill Young's post "Info on upgrading VCarvePro ShopBot Edition to VCarvePro v10" was on September 14.

Thanks,
    Steve

I just purchased VCarve 10 yesterday $175 per email of Sept 13. "To purchase your upgrade today simply login to your V&CO account using your registered e-mail address and follow the instructions on your dashboard. https://portal.vectric.com/login Haven't installed it yet.

Jim,
    What version VCP Shopbot Edition did you upgrade from? I only had one $500 option when I logged in and bought

Steve,
    Can you let me know what you see for price when you log in?

Thanks,
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Scott,
    I'm there right now, and after reading this full thread, I think things are sorted and very clear now.

Here's what I'm given for options:

- VCP Shopbot 8.5 > VCP Shopbot 9.5 $ 175.00 (Interesting - they appear to still be catering to Shopbot users here...)
    - VCP Shopbot 8.5 > VCPro 10 $ 500.00
    - VCP Shopbot 8.5 > Aspire $ 1,400.00

Though it's likely been explained elsewhere, I'm not sure all the differences between VCP Shopbot 9.5 and VCPro 10. Kind of a big jump, as I don't feel like I'm missing any functionality, though I'd better research the 9.5 - 10 difference to see if the $325 opens unrealized doors / flexibility to justify.

While some angst has been expressed here, I'm relieved to see the cost of upgrading to Aspire is same as it has been since I bought the machine 7 years ago.

All looks reasonably fair from my perspective. Again, don't feel I'm missing any functionality, but also compelled to at least take some step forward, or risk higher costs by waiting.

Anyone have any links/direction to discussions about VCP SB 8.5 versus VCPro 10, please post.

Thanks to all for this thread - prompting me to asses a vital part of my productivity, as we all should.

jeff

Jim,
    I just purchased VCarve 10 yesterday $175 per email of Sept 13.
    What version were you upgrading from?
    From what I'm reading, I'd double check - are you sure you got VCP 10, or did you go from 8.5-9.5?
    Curious to see what 9.5-10 would be - maybe this is lower if you stepped from 8.5 to 9.5 a while ago?

I guess that's the only area that's a little muddy for me, based on Jim's experience.

jeff

Thanks Jeff!
    I went from Shopbot Edition VCP 9.518 to 10 ($500)(interesting that just this week they posted a Shopbot Edition Patch to V9.519)

I think a jump from 8.5 to 9.519 at $175 was worth it just for some drawing aids and the 2-sided visualization and drawing.....it took me a bit to get instinctive with some of the different Icon swaps...
    BUT just did a file for a friend with 8.5 in 8.5...and really missed having some of the 9.5 features in drawing!!

One of the features I wanted in VCP 10 was the "New Raster" option which supposedly reduced Jumping around in 3D toolpaths....it was HORRIBLE in first V10, and had to turn "Use New Raster" OFF.
    Since last Patch where they addressed it, it's much better, so it's now turned On...but I do pretty funky 3Ds on firewood/branches....so it's not as effective as when used a Flat or Dished model.
    There are some Game 2D profiles included(cribbage and such), and some standard profiles for use in the Moulding toolpath, but haven't gone into the Moulding toolpath as much as I should.

"Favorite Fonts" showing up as first fonts in font list(and being able to change # of Favorites shown is good for me)
    Being able to use more than 1 tool for "Clearing" is a nice feature...multiple Clearing bits are allowed.
    Lots of little things, but nothing truly groundbreaking in VCP 10....Except being able to see files of what some of the Vectric forum members are doing with the tools is sometimes an "AH-Ha" moment

9.5 at that price is worth it I feel, but who knows what VCP10.5 will bring....It was a tough decision to pony$500 up, but now I'm the same as all other Vectric Users, and no waiting around for weeks/months for the Shopbot Edition to filter down to us anymore

Thanks again Jeff!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

It was a tough decision to pony$500 up, but now I'm the same as all other Vectric Users
    Exactly what I'm feeling - not sure if I want to sit in SB mode (redheaded stepchild??...) or "graduate" to a grown-up Vectric client.
    HA!

Jeff