Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vectric Version 10

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Jim,
    What version VCP Shopbot Edition did you upgrade from? I only had one $500 option when I logged in and bought

Steve,
    Can you let me know what you see for price when you log in?

Thanks,
    scott
    9.0 To be honest, Their web page lacks clarity.

I just went to the web page and I do not see the link. Hope the upgrade works. I'll try to do it tonight. What I saw is what jTr posted at 11:09 AM (Next post down.)

The primary reason I upgrade (since I don't really need the 'new' features) was to be on a fairly new version. With an IT background I pretty much believe in staying within 1 or 2 upgrade versions of any software. Beyond that changes to file structure, etc., might make it near impossible to move up potentially.

Just installed the $175 VCarvePro V10 upgrade from 9.0. All went well. There is a patch available to get to 10.012. Brought it up- all was fine. Accessed a crv file.

Incidentally, the verbage on the order reference says "Thank you for your purchase of VCarve Pro Upgrade From Older Version. ". To me, that implies any previously installed versions.

Go get it before someone changes their mind.

I have 9.5.1.9 and my available upgrade to 10 is listed at 500 dollars. I wish someone could explain why some people can get it for 175 and others 500

Jim,
    In that quote....there's no mention of "Shopbot Edition" like I remember on mine.
    Can't remember if you bought your 'Bot new or used?
    Is there a possibility at some point, that somebody upgraded to Full VCP so it could be used with multiple brands of machines?
    I've been Shopbot Edition since VCP7, and bought 9 through the Portal when I went up from Shopbot Edition 8.5** to Shopbot Edition 9 for $175.

Just wondering if that's why you got the regular $175 VCP upgrade.
    Unlike Jeff,Tom, and I who didn't see/have that option.
    scott

Jeff.....shortly will be Attempting a small stand with thru tenons, and going to house the shelves as well with a stopped mortise....first ever attempt at furniture....be GLAD to be able to rotate the sides of the mobile stand for Dad's memorial after pressing "Preview toolpaths both sides" and rotate preview all around both sides to make sure I don't muck it up
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

I just checked my upgrade on the Vectric portal and it is $500, not $175 like I have been paying for upgrades in the past. I'm really disappointed!

"ShopBot always strive to provide the best service they can and it is a source of regret for Vectric that a very positive, and usually well-received, upgrade policy has resulted in a negative experience for some ShopBot customers this week. Both companies are currently working together to try and provide the best solution we possibly can to this issue on behalf of our customers and we appreciate your patience in the meantime."

What happened ShopBot? $325 extra for virtually nothing! Not a very good solution for your loyal customers. Well, I guess the $325 does provide a path for using the software on other machines.

Scott: My software has always been a Shopbot Vcarve version. Plus I purchased my own license when I bought it used.

Been nosing around the Vectric portal again and found something interesting.

This entire situation is mind boggling. Sorry, I don’t remember specifically how I got mine but maybe this will help. I’m now on this page https://www.vectric.com/upgrade/vcarve-pro

There I see on the left a block saying:
    “One Price to Upgrade
    Regardless of your current version, the price is the same to upgrade to the latest version.”
    Below that in a blue band “$175 / £135 / €170 (excludes local taxes)” Download Free Trial

Jim I tried that box and it took me back to $500.00 . Sure wish someone from Shopbot or Vectric would explain the difference

Thanks

Update 11-25-19: Looks like all intermediate steps are now eliminated.
    Either VCP-10 for $500
    or Aspire for $1400

FYI - FWIW

I waited a little too long, but the 9.5 was kind of silly, as you'd upgrade, yet remain outdated.

It is what it is.

Default Which now begs the question...

If I upgrade to VCP-10 now, and decide to bump up to full on Aspire in the near future, is it still a $1,400 upcharge? Anyone with VCP-10 able to tell if that's the case?

Seems a waste of money to stick with VCP-10 at $500 if I'm still going to get a $1,400 hit for a later upgrade to Aspire. At this rate, I'll have paid Vectric $2,500 for $2,000 worth of software.

Paid so far since purchasing my machine:
    $600 (with Shopbot)
    $500 (If I go VCP-10 now)
    = $1,100 for a $600 piece of software.

OR:
    $600 (original purchase)
    $1,400 (ASPIRE 10 upgrade)
    = $2,000 = for a $2,000 piece of software.

Easy to see what Vectric is encouraging us all to do.

Not discussing fairness, not complaining - this is an essential "tool" and the value of the software is certainly very, very great.

Just trying to decide if I want to pay $500 for things to remain unchanged (for the most part) or go full on $1,400 for the end-all-do-all , once and for all flagship offering from Vectric. (Not counting inevitable future upgrades and costs)

I know what I want to do, just have other urgent tooling investments lined up right now...

Hey Jeff,
    I Have VCP10 now, and this is what my Upgrade page on my Vectric Portal looks like today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine