Thread: Errant cut part two

Smile Errant cut part two

Well my ghost is still around.
    Ran a new file yesterday and had no issues. Ran the same file again today and ran into the same issue, sort of, as in my previous post.

Tool-paths were:
    3D roughing cut
    3D finish cut
    V-carve some text
    Flip the project and V-carve my logo on the bottoms

On the first logo cut the Spindle moved away from where the cut should have begun and the bit plunged almost through the wood before I could stop it.
    Shut down my ‘puter and the SB control and rebooted everything and ran the file without an issue. Thankfully when the cut went wrong it had moved away from my workpiece so it didn’t ruin it.

Implementing the suggestions from my previous posting didn’t seem to help. The only thing that is common with both these issues is that it was the cut following a lengthly (five hour) finish cut.

So now when I begin a cut my hand will be hovering above the E-stop switch as there is too long of a delay when hitting the Spacebar.

You aren't by chance setting up your double sided cut and zeroing options in a way that is causing your second side cuts to be referenced wrong when actually zeroing the last cut?
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    You aren't by chance setting up your double sided cut and zeroing options in a way that is causing your second side cuts to be referenced wrong when actually zeroing the last cut?
    No. I didn’t set it up as a two sided job. I just flipped the board when I was finished cutting the (4) plaques and then zeroed x,y & z in the center of each of the four items to cut the logo.
    As I said after rebooting everything they cut fine.