Thread: Carveco Update

Hybrid View

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

Default Carveco Update

It is with great please that we at Beckwith Decor Products have joined Caveco as a reseller partner for the USA.
    BDP will be offering full sales, support and training for the Carveco product, training and support for legacy versions of ArtCam will continue as previous.

We will be updating our website over the next few days whereby we will introduce the new “Rent to Buy” module for a perpetual license, only available via reseller partner.
    In the meantime you’re welcome to contact me with any of your questions/needs.

Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

I considered purchasing this software when it was announced, but had second thoughts.
    And as much as I would like to get it, $8,000 is out of line for me. For that money, I could get a new
    bench top machine, or even make a nice down payment on a vehicle, house, etc.

8Ball, you should have jumped on Carveco with its introductory pricing, which was $1600, then if you already had ArtCam there was a secondary discount to $1300.
    After the introductory period it did go to its normal pricing of $8000, which is expensive if your not a full time business, for a commercial grade software under a business model its an overhead taxable item so a nobrainer to my business.

What most don't know is the $8000 price tag includes 12 months maintenance (a value of $1600, which includes all update releases) plus 12 months of unlimited one on one support via phone, txt, email or skype for USA customers by me. (definitely worth the price of admission). As a comparison ArtCam was $7500 plus $1200 for maintenance, which makes Carveco $700 less expensive but with more features/support.
    This was just an fyi , but after 15 years as an ArtCam user reseller and trainer, a certified expert elite by Autodesk and now a Carveco reseller partner, I'm some what bias.
    On a final note there other options to purchase Carveco other than an 8k outlay such as the rent to buy option, a monthly payment which issues a full perpetual license on completion. You can find more info on that on our website.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA

Two questions... during the "rent to buy" period, does the renter receive all new updates of the software? And, after the "rent to buy" period is complete, does the renter receive the latest software release with their perpetual license, or does the renter only have use of the version they started with?

Yes, with Carveco there is no yearly or major releases, new features and fixes are sent out via updates to all maintenance customers (8 updates so far so we are on version 1.8), maintenance is automatically included when you first purchase Carveco (this keeps everyone up todate), be it full outright purchase or "rent to buy" so yes for the rent to buy period you are fully covered by maintenance and support.

Once your "rent to buy" contact is complete your license becomes a full perpetual license on the latest version (provided you downloaded it after received availability notice). You have the option to continue maintenance in following years but you have to have maintenance to receive the updates and unlimited support.
    hope that helps explain it a little better.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA

Gary...
    Are you going to be offering the Maker and Maker+? These look like great options.