Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carveco Update

I pulled the trigger.... I purchased Maker+. Now for the long road to learning a new software, that includes 3D capabilities. I couldn't resist the price, and even got an additional discount on top of the one they are offering.
    Will you be offering support for the Maker software, Gary?

8Ball, what prompted you to switch to Maker+? Functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by jTr View Post
    8Ball, what prompted you to switch to Maker+? Functionality?
    I was interested in purchasing Carveco when it was first introduced, but I wasn't able to afford the $1600, and then it went up to $8000, so it was beyond my financial means.
    Having Vectric, I could upgrade to Aspire for just the difference in price, but again, that is quite a price tag, and with their recent anouncement, I'm a little concerned of the companies future. The biggest motivator for either of these programs, is the unlimited 3D functions.
    I've always wanted to be able to manipulate models, and to be able to import more than one model into a project to design something of my own. VCP doesn't allow either of these. I talked with someone from Carveco (I think it was Mark) about a hobbyist version, and I was told to wait a couple of months... they had something new coming out. I received an email with the introduction of Maker and Maker+. When I went to the website, it was discounted to 50% off, and I was able to use a code for an additional 5% off. That sold me on giving it a try, and with a 30 day guarantee, it was a no brainer. Maker+ doesn't have the same capability as Carveco, and doesn't have the all same tools, but it does allow the things I was lacking in VCP, plus much more. The bonus was... this program cost less than VCP on the Black Friday deal.

I apologize for the lengthy answer.

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

8Ball,
    As a Carveco Reseller and trainer we handle any of the products that carry a perpetual license, Maker+ being one of them, we do not handle subscription. Then as far as support, we do one on one unlimited and included cost support for any of the Carveco products sold by us.
    If you purchased from the online store direct then your support will be thru the online support line with Carveco. We will be offering one on one direct support packages shortly via our website.

The Maker+ does have a 50% discount for the 90 day launch period, and if sold by us includes the 12 months maintenance/support by us.
    hope that clarify's it for you.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor