Thread: shopbot upgrade ?????

Default shopbot upgrade ?????

We are looking at adding a cnc to our small shop. A new one is out of our price range, so we are left to the chinese or possilbly we could upgrade an old prt. What we need to do is cut melamine and p-lam, drill shelf holes and starter holes for drawer guides. I believe we would need to have at least 4 horse for the melamine, my thought were a drill head for the shelf holes and drawer guide and hinges. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don

Quote Originally Posted by cpdad93 View Post
    We are looking at adding a cnc to our small shop. A new one is out of our price range, so we are left to the chinese or possilbly we could upgrade an old prt. What we need to do is cut melamine and p-lam, drill shelf holes and starter holes for drawer guides. I believe we would need to have at least 4 horse for the melamine, my thought were a drill head for the shelf holes and drawer guide and hinges. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don
    I would look for a PRS vs a PRT. The PRS will have hardened rails and be more reliable. You should talk to Gary Campbell about upgrading the PRS once you have it. He knows his poop.