Thread: Machinist

Default Machinist

Currently have subject matter installed on my Mac computer operating with Parallels. Recently upgraded to Aspire and no longer have a need for Machinist. Problem I'm having when I purchase a file from Design and Make download and open the file it automatically goes to machinist and I'm unable to save it to clipart library on Aspire. Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated.

When you click a download link on a Mac, use a right mouse button click to bring up the contextual menu and you can sometimes choose to save the file rather than open with an app.

Also, your web browser preferences may need to be changed. In Firefox Prefs/General scroll down to Applications and change how FF handles your file type. It may have STL file - Action - Use Machinist. Click the action and change it to Save file. It will then just send it to your download folder or Desktop.

I also went to the D&M site and saw you can choose different file types to download. You may just want the STL rather than the V3M file as it is more generic than application specific.

Thanks for the suggestion didn't think of downloading a different file type I'll give it a try

Don't know what kind of right click menu you get with parallels, but you should be able to choose Open With and there should be a choice of Aspire 10. That will open the file in Aspire. Best way to save or add it to your clip art library is to just copy the V3M file to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart (paste into the appropriate sub-folder).

V3M is the file you want, stl's can be of lesser quality and not as smooth (triangulation).
    Scott