Thread: How to sharpen rounded corners

Default How to sharpen rounded corners

pipe_shade.jpg

Long-time shopbot user here, first time poster- Before I try to re-invent the wheel: How would I go about sharpening the corners of my work piece when I'm using a 3/4" cove bit? Is there an easier way of doing this besides cleaning with a chisel once I'm done? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

If I understand your question… to make the inside corners come to a square point rather then the radius of the bit, you’ll need to use a moulding toolpath and a small round nose bit… Assuming you’re using a Vectric product to do your design work.
    If you’re unfamiliar with the process, I’ll try to find the presentation I did on the subject a few years back at an Austin camp…
    SG

Quote Originally Posted by steve_g View Post
    If I understand your question… to make the inside corners come to a square point rather then the radius of the bit, you’ll need to use a moulding toolpath and a small round nose bit… Assuming you’re using a Vectric product to do your design work.
    If you’re unfamiliar with the process, I’ll try to find the presentation I did on the subject a few years back at an Austin camp…
    SG
    That would be very helpful! I am using Vetric software, but have not done the particular toolpath that you are speaking of. I appreciate the assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by apannebaker View Post
    That would be very helpful! I am using Vetric software, but have not done the particular toolpath that you are speaking of. I appreciate the assistance!
    I looked through the moulding toolpath, but it is kind of confusing on how it works. Would appreciate your help for sure!

Here’s a link to the presentation I mentioned… this was a live presentation where I was interacting with attendees … so if something seems lacking, perhaps it is!
    Let me know if I’ve muddied the waters!
    SG

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jQ...cAF-GAvXkm6Vps