CNC is just a tool to use, or not, as one sees fit. I do alot of things "by hand" but of course, tools are used unless I am to gnaw the wood with my nails and teeth. So I am not sure [and don't really care] what cutoff the purists have, I suppose maybe no power ?

I know this oddball character purist type by my summer camper, sometimes when I am bored at night I go wandering around and he usually has a little crowd at his firepit. Somehow CNC came up and this guy thinks he is gods gift to woodworkers, his whole trailer is festooned with **** he has made, and I do mean ****. I ca s#$t out a better work of art than he'll ever make, but I never said anything to him about it and I don't begrudge a man to do whatever he wants to get enjoyment out of making things. Anyhow when he started trashing CNC "Oh yeah, any stupid kid can make things with a machine", I felt obliged to defend myself, as his comments were obviously aimed to me. Long and short, I said Ok, I have some things I have made at my trailer, I'll bring some by and let these people be the judge.
So I went back and got a few things and the firepit folks were blown away, especially the ladies. I even ended up selling one of the spot for $50, chick fell in love with it and wouldn't let it go, her dad was there and bought it for her. So the guy was humiliated and didn't say much more after that, hopefully learned a lesson but I doubt it. Yes of course, there are guys who make stunning works of art "by hand" and do all sorts of things, I am a journeyman union carpenter and know a fair share of master carpenters whos skill level with wood I will never aspire to, but there is room enough for everyone to do as they please is the way I see it. Those who don't at least partially adapt to technology eventually end up missing out in one way or the other.