Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relay Board, Control Card, Spindle Control & RBK Board for sale

Start with the cheapest thing and work from there. If you think it's the PC, swap that out. If that doesn't work, try the control card. If you replace that and it doesn't fix it you can transfer that control card to your new breakout board.

You might consider how old the control system is on that machine and consider upgrading the entire thing at once. Electronics no matter how well they were built back in the day don't age well, especially if you have one of those control boxes that isn't sealed. Those new RBK systems from ShopBot come in a nice sealed box (and a big performance boost)

Well, it wasn't the computer They have determined that a V4g upgrade should fix my problem, so I just ordered that from Shopbot. Thank you for your help.
    Tom Bachman,
    Drafting/Woodworking Instructor RETIRED!
    Lakin, Kansas

2001 PRT4896
    https://i.imgur.com/xWEFfDk.jpg

No problem Tom! Good luck!

For those of you that are reading this thread, I DO still a V212 control card (it's a USB one, so a good upgrade to anyone still not on USB)

Eric, I just bought an older PRT and am thinking about upgrade options. I haven't contacted ShopBot about my best course of action, but I'm interested in your v212 card. I'll PM you.

RBK board is still available. $175 or best offer.