Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new control board or fixing the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    That 299.00 is for the acorn. You will need to purchase their cnc12 software as well. I believe it’s another 200.00 or so. Theres going to be some other expenses as well.
    I was told that everything you needed was on the Acorn board. There is a free copy of cnc12 listed on the Acorn page and Marty's video shows how to set it up. I asked what else I needed and Marty said nothing and follow the instructions for the Gecko 203 drivers. You can also buy One of Gary's ready to go control boxes. You may want to watch his videos on how smooth the Shopbot can run.

I've only heard of Acorn system once. I spoke to Gary way back before he worked at Shopbot. Is the Centroid system a one man show or is it a larger business? Just gathering info so I can make the right decisions.
    Tracy Spitulski
    KenCraft Co Inc.
    PRSa 6096
    www.kencraftcompany.com
    Hardwood Lumber, Custom Millwork
    Dust Collector Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_stanek View Post
    I was told that everything you needed was on the Acorn board. There is a free copy of cnc12 listed on the Acorn page and Marty's video shows how to set it up. I asked what else I needed and Marty said nothing and follow the instructions for the Gecko 203 drivers. You can also buy One of Gary's ready to go control boxes. You may want to watch his videos on how smooth the Shopbot can run.
    The free version of CNC12 has a file size limitation on cut files, and does not offer some of the advanced features like axis pairing (which you may or may not want to use).

Quote Originally Posted by tracys View Post
    I've only heard of Acorn system once. I spoke to Gary way back before he worked at Shopbot. Is the Centroid system a one man show or is it a larger business? Just gathering info so I can make the right decisions.
    Centroid is a company that makes commercial grade controllers Gary buys from them to build his custom control boxes

Hi Brady

So knock on wood. I reset the VR settings and that seems to correct the sluggishness of the machine. I can finish some jobs now before I pull the card and send it in. Thank you for your help. -Tracy
    Tracy Spitulski
    KenCraft Co Inc.
    PRSa 6096
    www.kencraftcompany.com
    Dust Collector Fittings

Tracy if you need a card to get you by until you get yours back I have a spare control box you could borrow. I live just south of Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by tracys View Post
    Hi Brady

So knock on wood. I reset the VR settings and that seems to correct the sluggishness of the machine. I can finish some jobs now before I pull the card and send it in. Thank you for your help. -Tracy
    Very good. You're welcome. Hopefully you get to the bottom of why it is triggering the e-stop.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Good to know, thank you.
    Tracy Spitulski
    KenCraft Co Inc.
    PRSa 6096
    www.kencraftcompany.com
    Dust Collector Fittings

Tracy I ran into the same problem. Sent my main control board to shopbot for testing and they told me nothing was wrong. So I put it back in my unit...guess what, same problem. Purchased new board and problem gone.
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

Ken,

Are you talking about the control board that is attached to the main board or just new of both?
    Tracy Spitulski
    KenCraft Co Inc.
    PRSa 6096
    www.kencraftcompany.com
    Dust Collector Fittings