Ah...Amish Sawyer
Best thing Dad ever did when he bought hardwood from an Amish Gentleman upcountry, was to tell Jonas to pick the 1,500bf of Cherry,Walnut/Maple himself "We trust you Jonas".
4/4 was more like 5/4.....and when I showed Jonas some of the finished Figured Walnut pieces...he said "I Gave you That?" while making a "I'm Crazy" motion at his head

What was diameter of that burl anyways?
All I had to go on was that Paper Birch(?) in pic background(which I guesstimated at 4-6").
Show pics when cut please?

Oh....stuck a fourth coat of Linseed/Beeswax "Butter" on mine yesterday, but tested the exposed bark sections with my thumbnail first. Could still dent it with thumbnail,but very firm pressure was needed. All bark inclusions in the burl section are still tight, and thumbnail didn't make a dent. Interesting was that all burl pieces didn't float in water....if a lot of pith, then Barely floated.
I had tried to soak in water for 1-3 days..and then freeze...hoping a freeze-refreeze would loosen bark...NOPE!
Hardwood spud, and steel spud didn't either.

Be interested in what yours looks like when surfaced.
My last burl will probably probably be cut wet bowl shaped, and then let Nature do it's thing.
The ones I cut flat/wet are just too interesting a surface now for me to cut a large section out
scott