Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Gazebo Project

How long did it take to complete this project? Looks like about a year in "Coryat time".
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Russ
    Posts and Main Beam in Primer.jpgThe second photo shows the gazebo from ground level. Here is a photo of the 10ft. posts and that upper 15ft diameter 7"x7" main beam. The 60 degree sections were assembled, shaped and carved on the CNC. The chamfers needed to be carved because a regular router bit would leave a radius at the start point and the end point of the chamfer. They also were about 1.625 wide as well. Yea I cheated ...LOL
    PRS Alpha 96x60x12 with Indexer
    Aspire 10
    Rhino5 with Orca3D

Took about four months, including the drawing and cad work. It was a nice project that got my two brain cells rubbing. I got to say the Shopbot really amazes me sometimes. Its just a tool in my shop but I've been able to do some cool stuff with it.
    Charlie Robbins
    Aspire 10
    Rhino5 with Orca3D

JUST showed Mom your project..she lived in the 1875 house shown for 15 years...we bought it after it had been unlived/abandoned for 8 yrs because it was "Haunted"...it was a wreck.
    Mom said "Where's he from..we should have used HIM!!!"
    She LOVED your job!!
    So super congratulations from an 88 yr old lady who went through a decade of renovations that are similar
    scott
    They don't build like they used to..but YOU do!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Great use of those 2 brain cells. What an outstanding job!!!

Just one word "wow"

Thank you guys for your charitable remarks; I've seen some really good work on this site; just thought that I would add to it.
    Scott, what a cool house! They don't build like that anymore for sure. There is a very similar house near me in Richfield Springs,NY.
    Aspire 10
    Rhino5 with Orca3D

Yep Charlie
    But slate and copper roof had leaked in the 8 abandoned years...and if I never see horsehair plaster over lathe again, I'll be happy.
    Bet the guys that redid the rotted trimwork to the original(we were in the "Hysterical Zone") would have loved a Shopbot!
    Yep, not much call for 16" deep closets that if you twisted sideways on one third floor one....You could lift 2 hatches and get to the Widow's Walk(the roof joinery was something).
    Like wise, granite underground walkways to the on grade stables/carraigehouse have gone out of style(along with built-in horse ramps and hay hoists)
    Interesting woodwork all over, as it was a Captain's house who's father owned a wood boat shipyard....lots of wood joinery looked like an upside down hull

That's the reason I took Mom through all your pics!!
    Well done!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Amazing work!