Thread: Newbie here needs help

Default Newbie here needs help

Newbie here needs help...
    I drew this file in Aspire for a customer wanting a large sliding door in her salon. I created the toolpath as well and I am going to do a test cut of the project in a scrap piece of MDF before I attempt to cut it in 1.5'' Exterra MDF. I could not close all the vectors for a V carve toolpath so I grouped it all together and want to use a 1/8'' flat bottom end mill. The v carve may look better but I am missing something... I've attached the file and an image of the end result I am going for. How do I close all the vectors? I used the close vectors tool and it will not work for me....and can I attach the Vectric file here? It says the file is invalid....
    Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

VCarve need closed vectors, and yours are just polylines.......Perhaps try a Profile Toolpath/ON Line with a VBit at various depths/angles?
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Okay I did that and used the quick engraving toolpath with a Vbit, and the preview looks good but
    with the quick engraving toolpath or profile toolpath the Vbit won't lift up in the corners like a V carve toolpath? Correct? Maybe I should just cut this with the 1/8'' end mill??

Here's a look at how you'll need to draw your vectors to be able to V-carve them. it will be one closed vector!
    SG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian,
    I so rarely use SB3 to preview..I couldn't manage it
    Also only VCP10...so Aspire file wouldn't do me any good, otherwise I'd ask you to shoot it to my e-mail.
    Are they just polylines? If drawn as vectors,,have you tried Vector Validator to see why they won't close?

Maybe somebody with Aspire can chime in?
    Unless I can see the file..I really can't help much...sorry!
    Do you belong to Vectric Forum?
    You can post the .crv3d there and people can probably help you quickly.
    sorry...scott

Whew..THANKS Steve!!
    scott P.
    Maine

Okay I understand, and I will work on that one, and will I have to draw the intersecting lines on different layers to get the look I am after? I am overwhelmed at this drawing program and doing all I can to learn...

I am not a memeber of the Vectric forum so I will sign up and see what they say.
    Thank you!

May take a couple of days for them to approve, BUT a large group of Very Knowledgeable helpful people for Vectric software...worth the wait.
    More members, and all over the time zones for fast help
    Nice thing is you can post the .crv/crv3d if under 2mb...or provide a link to dropbox or similar if file is too big.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine