Thread: 2 point jig location?

Default 2 point jig location?

What is the best method of replacing a jig back on the table and locating it? It seems that I always some rotation in the jig even when butting it up against a doweled (into the spoil board) strait edge.

Is there perhaps a "2 POINT" (opposite corners) location method that I could then run the g-code through?

Anyway, what is the best method that people have found?

Thanks
    Todd

When I need to use a jig more then once I will place it the first time and use the bot to drill three 1/4 holes through into the table and use pins to realign it.

Simplicity, I'll Try it! Thanks for sharing!

Todd

Remember to zero your X Y before you do this so you can always get the same spot on the table

I use 1/4" inserts in my table, that way I only have to have the shopbot drill 1/4" holes into my project board and then use either nylon or regular screws to hold the board to the table. Works every time.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

For my jigs, I drill three holes in triangulation, and use a piece of scrap solid surface to drill the corresponding holes into to locate. Using this method, I can place the jig anywhere on my bed, and know where zero/zero is, for that jig. I use a similar method for two-sided machining.