Thread: Need help with limit switch placement

Default Need help with limit switch placement

Finally got some time to set up the Desktop I bought at the first of the year. Bad roads coming home from TX shook loose the rear X axis limit switch. Looks like it might have been glue on or double sided taped? Dunno

I would like to reinstall it in the correct position and with the appropriate adhesive.

Thanks in advance, all suggestions appreciated.20200121_152142.jpg
    Last edited by Bud Meade; 01-21-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Bud,
    I'm cutting right now, so can't measure it, but had mine moved, and Shopbot recommended a couple drops of gel superglue after scraping old stuff off....been 4 yrs now without a problem.
    Confused by "Rear X axis" though.......do you mean rear Y?
    Take a larger area pic, and point at it please.
    I'll do it in the morning if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Yes, it is Y. And right if looking at the rear of the machine, left if looking from the front.

20200122_060729.jpg

Bud,
    I took mine off 4 times trying to max out my Y travel.....here is placement JUST before Hard Stop on my 2013 model.
    (those extra prox switches added on yours can be a lifesaver....we added both the X and Y 24 and 18" on ours from the factory)

SO....After Homing of switches to 0,0....open Keypad...Go To Y=18.148.

Clean old CA/tape/whatever off back of limit switch with razor blade...wipe with denatured..both the switch AND the flat on rail!
    Then slowly while watching your Input lights...slide till Input light turns green and mark someplace with Very fine felt tip.

Move Y back towards 0 to give you some work room, and then just a drop or two of gel CA and line up with your mark...and you should be good
    Make SURE Limit switches are ON in SB3.....Wish I could tell you which input will light, but Gordon specially fabbed our extra Limit switches on all 3 axis and built a spindle interlock for the very first time on a Desktop, and he may have wired it different than is now factory standard.

I THINK this is the easiest way...
    scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Great info Scott.

Going to FL on Saturday to pick up a boat. Will have time when I get back to work on the SB