Thread: bypass remote stop button?

Default bypass remote stop button?

I have an ancient PRT 5x10 shopbot I bought used 13 years ago. I'm guessing it was five years old or so when I bought it. It has been very reliable over the years as I have used it to cut boat kits for boats that I build, and to carve signs and do custom cutting jobs for customers.

The last couple times I used it, the pause function would self-activate even though I didn't hit the space bar or the panic button. I'd hit the resume button, the tool would run for a few more seconds or minutes, then pause again.

I changed keyboards and the problem persisted. My son opened up the control box and found a loose wire at input 4 (the panic button) and re-connected it. Now it won't locate the tool, and I get an error message saying "Comm Port seems OK, but no connection to control box made (Port 1). Also the input 4 light flashes.

Is my problem still the panic button? I have never used it, and wonder if I can just put a jumper across the terminals it hooks to in the control box (Input 4 and ground)?
    Carved and dimensional signs, Tolman Skiff kits, custom cnc cutting. www.SaltWaterWorkshop.com

I suggest "exercising" the button. Pop it on and off a number of times. If you still have issues, check the continuity with a meter and see if it's working at all. You may find the switch works perfectly and there's another problem down the line.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

You may need to do a UR command and reset your tool