I got the following PM and thought I would post it because some of this is widely misunderstood

I'm intrigued with your conversion. It caused me to study up on the Centroid system. A couple of questions:
1. I can't quite tell from your description if you the unit has a spindle or a router?
2. Do you still use Vcarve with the Centroid system?

The unit I have for sale has a factory installed spindle.

All of the Vectric offerings have the same roots. The idea being if you can operate one you can operate all of them. Aspire is at the top of the heap and offers all of the functions of V Carve.

The small machines that we are likely to come across run on "G Code" That is a standardized set of instructions that tell the machine what to do. Your drawing program converts the drawing you made to this G Code so that your machine can cut it. But that brings up a problem. What if your machine supports a tool change function? What if your machine can turn the spindle/router on and off automatically at the start and end of a cut? Where do you want your machine to park itself at the end of a cut?

To customize that behavior a POST PROCESSOR is used. This takes the information in the drawing and adds/subtracts commands so that your particular brand of machine will do what you expect it to. It takes your drawing after you draw it (POST) and makes it useable by your brand of machine (PROCESS).

When you go to save your drawing as a cut file you will see a window that lists all of the Post Processors available in V Carve. You select the one that matches your machine and it will save a useable file to disk for you. Aspire must have a couple of hundred different PP files in it. In addition there is a good manual on how to write or modify your PP in the program. In my case I like my machine to park itself a certain way at the end of a cut. I modified the PP and called it "Tom". Then I saved it to the file folder called MY PP and it now is the only one that the program displays when you go to save a cut file.

So the simple answer to your question is that vCarve will output a cut file for just about any machine that you can imagine using and if it does not you can write your own or modify one that almost works.