Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plexiglass dividers for voting booth

“Donating my time for this project…

I’ve found that giving time, materials and projects is the best advertising there is! Someone will remember your name when a nice, profitable job comes up!

Yes, the multitool is great for separating product from matrix… and a router table with a pattern bit is great for removing tabs! Now, if I could only remember to put the tabs where my ½” bit can get to them!

SG
    Last edited by bill.young; 04-04-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Very nice...congrats!

Those oscillating tools are definitely the easy way to cut tabs. I've also found some trimmer bits from Yonico that work well for cleaning up tabs etc. They are 1/4" shank and 1/4" cutting diameter and are available up-spiral or down-spiral. I was really nervous that bearings that small would blow out in no time, but so far they've held up well. I got one of each from Amazon.

trimmer bit.jpg

Amana makes a 1/4" one too with a straight cut, Amana Tool #47092

Thanks guys. Yeah I am going to have to break those edges. They have a few sharp spots. Is it OK to run the vacuum hold down for extended periods of time?

>> Is it OK to run the vacuum hold down for extended periods of time?

That depends entirely on your vacuum setup. You can make an educated guess as to how long by checking the heat load generated. If your pumps get so hot that they sizzle water, they are likely not heavy duty enough to run hours on end. If you can touch them after they have run for a half hour, they probably are robust enough to last for an eight hour shift.

Vacuum pumps made from vacuum cleaner parts are generally not meant for long duty cycles. Pumps made for industrial use, such as dairy or ponds and such are meant to run all day long and have bearings and heat dissipation methods to keep them from failing.

Another interesting thing to consider is if you have your pumps under your table, and they generate a significant heat load, they can actually change the precision of your table significantly, especially if the heating is uneven. Say you have your pumps at one end of the table and they get to 140f. That means there could be a 70 degree gradient over the length of your table. The change in dimensions of your table would be enough to be measurable.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

you can just sand the edges with a foam sanding block.

After you sand the edges you can flame the edges with a propane torch. Just run it along the edge quick and it will polish it.

I will have to try that torch trick. Thanks