Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm bored...

Default I'm bored...

We have a lot of car cruise-ins around my area...probably not so much this year, but I thought I would practice modeling some plaques.

Looks like a good start. It's digital so lets play. I'd pull the cars apart maybe tip them down a bit to match the oval slope and give an aggressive stance. Make them a little smaller. Move the diamond center and larger put the checkered flags on the diamond maybe half height of the diamond. I would move the letters to the top and find a banner ribbon for the bottom or create a place for a brass nameplate. The reasons for the letter changes and centering the diamond are branding the Diamond Shine sponsor. The negative (un-3d carved) areas will show off the wood.

Thanks, that was a nice distraction. Just my 2cents

here is my last commission:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

[QUOTE=khaos;206708]Looks like a good start. It's digital so lets play. I'd pull the cars apart maybe tip them down a bit to match the oval slope and give an aggressive stance. Make them a little smaller. Move the diamond center and larger put the checkered flags on the diamond maybe half height of the diamond. I would move the letters to the top and find a banner ribbon for the bottom or create a place for a brass nameplate. The reasons for the letter changes and centering the diamond are branding the Diamond Shine sponsor. The negative (un-3d carved) areas will show off the wood.

Thanks, that was a nice distraction. Just my 2cents

I appreciate your input. I've just started down the 3D path, and compiling reliefs.
    I'm just messing with the modeling, and this isn't an actual brand, or for any particular event.
    I cut the door from the other post, yesterday. I did it out of Poplar (the only thing I had on hand), and I'm not pleased with the outcome.
    However, it will still be used for the project, since it will just go in the flower garden as decoration.

Whatever you do, do not get into 3-d. It is addicting. 99% of what i do involves 3-d.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy1296 View Post
    Whatever you do, do not get into 3-d. It is addicting. 99% of what i do involves 3-d.
    Now you tell me...LOL

Michael

Yeah Michael of all people you should know.

I messed with this one for about 20 minutes.

Default i dont need to cut non stop

Even with the lock down, since i had a good supply of wood and ups is still running i am still able to get some things out. both of these either were or are a work in progress.

I'm Liking that last one 8Ball!
    Been playing with a similar thought model today.
    NOT mine...3dwav.org
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

scott i still use amana ball nose bits, i know that you use a different kind of bit. tell me again what you use for your finishing tool path?