Thread: Your opinions please

Default Your opinions please

This one needs some more work, but I thought I would get some opinions on what I have so far.

Nice work but is that bird an eagle or seagull?
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by gc3 View Post
    Nice work but is that bird an eagle or seagull?
    I guess any image is up for interpretation, and is likely dependent on perspective, but as far as I know, a Seagull bill is long and narrow. What would make it look like an Eagle to you?

Well, since you asked,,,,,,,,,,,,, your choice of text placement is really not pleasing to my eye. However you place it, "All gave some" needs to all be on one line, and "Some gave all" needs to all be on one line. If you rotated the boarder slightly, the top and bottom edges would be horizontal, and then each line of text would fit on a single line........... However, having the points at 12 and 6 o'clock positions probably looks better.......... if the boarder were to be circular instead, then each line of text would fit nicely on a single arc.....
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Thanks Chuck for your insight. I could fit the text on a single line, but I thought the way it wrapped, it kind of emphasized the "All", which is a key part of the quote. I considered the round profile also, but it seems everything is round. I"m still working on it, and even tested a pentagon shape. It sort of fits the theme, I guess.