Thread: Help with error message.

Default Help with error message.

Finished cutting a part. Went to run C2 to zero bit and got the following error message:

STOP Button is ON!

The Remote Stop Button connected to input #4 appears to be ON and needs to be checked"

I don't see a Remote Stop Button.

Any ideas?

I don't have a clue.

Generally, pressing the blue "reset" button in between the green "start" button and the red "stop" button should take care of it. There should be an additional red stop button located on the opposite end of your machine to hit in an emergency. Both of these are referred to as a Remote Stop Button.
    If the reset doesn't take care of it, check to see if any of those emergency stop buttons have been pressed accidentally. They are red, mushroom shaped, and snap to a locked position when depressed and need a slight twist to snap back out to unlocked position so you can again run your machine.

I've leaned over the table just right and accidentally activated a stop this way, more than once.

jeff

I don't have any of those buttons on my machine

My machine is an older Shopbot Desktop 18X24. The only switch on the machine is at the right front. Toggle switch, power, that has a red cover over it.

There are no other switches attached to the machine.

Software glitch?

Bud,
    Has the machine been running OK till now, or are you just out of setting it up?

You might try a UR command,select PRS Desktop again and run it and do a Firmware install also?
    May need to do a TS and setup again?

Then there's always the option of a fully charged phone and calling Tech Support while you're at machine
    Haven't seen that particular issue.
    Good luck!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Hi Scott,

Yes, it has been running just fine. I've been very happy with the machine and have been using it lately to cut out "Ear Savers" out of sheet polystyrene that is 0.020" thick. Yesterday I was cutting the top of the Shop Bot Gentleman's Box. That worked fine. I then tried to cut on of the side pieces and got the message while trying to Z zero with the touch plate.

I will go try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Regards

Thanks Scott

Ran UR and it worked!

Glad it worked Bud!
    Sometimes gremlins get in there and just resetting or rebooting gets it back on track.
    Sounds like it happened in the middle of a job, but occasionally weird stuff is reported if computer is powered off before SB3 is shut down first.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine