Thread: Shopbot Buddy

Default Shopbot Buddy

I'm selling my 2007 shopbot Buddy. 24 x 32. Runs good haven't had any problems with the machine. Comes with control box, Porter Cable 7518 router. Collets 1/8" -1/2" extra bits. asking $6500. pick up in McPherson, Ks.
    hppi@cox.net
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just curious.
    Why do people think a 13 year old machine, with 13 year old technology, is worth what a brand new machine (with full warranty) is selling for?
    A 24 x 36 Camaster only costs $500 more than this machine. And it comes with everything to run the machine, right out of the box.
    There are others, like Axiom, and Maverick. A lot of good machines available now days.

Pretty sure he can ask what ever he wants for it. I don't really see the point of posting unless you are making an offer.

Last time I looked this forum is for ShopBot users so why not support the user of a used ShopBot machine. None of us have much experience with the 'other' brands. The fact that any technology still has value after 13 years shows you get what you pay for in my eyes. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Of course anyone can ask any price they want, but it would take either a fool, or a die-hard Shopbot fan in this case. Shopbot has fallen way behind in the cnc world. It's not that it has value after 13 years, it's what a seller interprets as value in this case.
    And... I clicked on the ad because of interest, but I'm afraid, the seller would be angry at any offer.
    If one believes there is "value" in these machines, look at the ads here, of machines that went unsold. Look at the activity on this forum. Look at any cnc related forums, and you'll notice the lack of any mention of the Shopbot brand.
    I hope he does sell it, and I do support a Shopbot user, but come back in a few weeks.... it'll still be here.

Instant Message