Thread: Homemade Domino Joiner

Default Homemade Domino Joiner

Most of the parts for this tool were cut out on my Shopbot. After seeing the video by DIY Tyler I decided to buy the plans and make my own. It took a bit of tweaking but it works well. The orange handle is reclaimed fro a snow shovel.
    The Video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Bu9z7G9Fc
    Link to the site for the plans. https://www.youtube.com/user/tehdoor He makes some impressive other tools too.
    The Festool Domino joiner costs over $1,000. Way too much money for the amount of use I would get out if it.

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's pretty cool. Though I use the shopbot to cut my mortise and tenon joints.

Thanks, Brian. My Shopbot is my go to tool for just about anything. However there are jobs where a handheld tool is the right tool for the job. This was a fun build. I enjoy making tools.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by phil_o View Post
    Thanks, Brian. My Shopbot is my go to tool for just about anything. However there are jobs where a handheld tool is the right tool for the job. This was a fun build. I enjoy making tools.

Phil
    I agree I find on some jobs figuring it out and making tools to facilitate the task is more fun that the work it produces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harnett View Post
    I agree I find on some jobs figuring it out and making tools to facilitate the task is more fun that the work it produces.
    You read my thoughts.

I checked out your site, I'm blown away at what some people can do with a chainsaw. Nice work.

Phil