Thread: Computer Enclose or Computer Cabinet,

Default Computer Enclose or Computer Cabinet,

Looking to see if any one has design a computer case or cabinet like this. I do not see well so I am looking to have someone design it for me. Can pay. This is going to be in my shop to put the ShopBot computer into. Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you could find it at Harbor Freight, it would be $149. If you had someone with extensive cabinetry and sheet metal experience make it, probably $2000+. Since a SB computer can be had on eBay for $150, it seems a bit extreme.

I've had my SB since 2013 and use a computer that doesn't need a fan. As long as you use standard dust collection practices, such a cabinet would likely be overkill.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

I've been running my PRSAlpha since 2009. I bought an all-in-one Acer computer for a couple hundred bucks about 4 years ago to replace the original computer which was an old Dell XPS. I run Windows 7. I built a little open cabinet the holds the computer, keyboard, mouse, label printer, barcode scanner, all my manuals and my bits. Have not had any problems with the computer. I vacuum the computer and use low pressure air to blow the dust out once in awhile but that's it. As was said previously, get a computer that is NOT fan cooled. You can see the little roll-around cabinet to the right of the CNC in the picture.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Thanks Guys i am rethink my cabinet