Thread: PRT Squaring and leveling question

Default PRT Squaring and leveling question

My 2002ish PRT has been moved around a lot since last used and I would imagine it needs to be tuned up although since it is a heavy welded frame I can’t imagine things moving in relation to each other. The gantry would be a different story. I have been searching trying to find information on squaring it up but am not having much luck. Is there a single source of information in here somewhere that would walk me through all the steps I should take make sure my machine is rigged properly? Sorry if this is a stupid question but my search skills are probably lacking. I see some info on the PRS machines but it looks quite different than mine.
    Matt Raymond
    Custom Woodcraft, Inc.
    Little Elm, TX

Matt…

On the SB command console under Help there is a topic “squaring the X car”. I haven’t read it lately, but it may contain all the information you need!

SG

Default Hardwood T-Square

Step one is getting one X rail straight and level

To get the 2nd X rail parallel to the first,

Years ago I made a hardwood T – square with a Dial Caliper attached to the bottom of the T / (depth gauge at the bottom)

A shallow saw grove at the top of the T ... rode on the First X rail and the depth gauge worked as sort of a “feeler gauge” to get the second rail exactly parallel to the first.

Once the two X rails are ... straight, level and parallel... it is a bit easier to then square up the y car as needed. ... It about has to run square...

A drywall T square might be made to work...
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Thank you both!
    Matt Raymond
    Custom Woodcraft, Inc.
    Little Elm, TX