Thread: Total runtime

Default Total runtime

Is there a file within the SB control software that records the total machine runtime?

There is a log file that has all this info in it. I believe it's in the \\Shopbot subdirectory.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    There is a log file that has all this info in it. I believe it's in the \\Shopbot subdirectory.
    I see the log files for the individual jobs however, haven’t found one for the TOTAL runtime of the machine

I dig a little deeper when I get back into the shop

Thanks for the info

I very possibly could be wrong,
    But I believe you would have had to have the "Shopbot Odometer" installed.....It can be downloaded here under Shopbot Labs;
    https://www.shopbottools.com/support/software
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    I very possibly could be wrong,
    But I believe you would have had to have the "Shopbot Odometer" installed.....It can be downloaded here under Shopbot Labs;
    https://www.shopbottools.com/support/software
    Thanks Scott. I downloaded the file and will attempt o load it tomorrow

All the Odometer does is to make the data from the System Log file a little easier to read by simplifying the amount of info that's displayed.

For the Odometer to work, in The VD (Values Display) menu make sure that you have "Write System Log" set to 1-Write. I tend to keep "Write Part File Log" set to 0-Don't Write to keep from having a log file for every file i run, but that's a personal preference

Screenshot 2020-06-07 07.05.36.jpg
    Last edited by bill.young; 06-07-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.young View Post
    All the Odometer does is to make the data from the System Log file a little easier to read by simplifying the amount of info that's displayed.

For the Odometer to work, in The VD (Values Display) menu make sure that you have "Write System Log" set to 1-Write. I tend to keep "Write Part File Log" set to 0-Don't Write to keep from having a log file for every file i run, but that's a personal preference

Screenshot 2020-06-07 07.05.36.jpg
    Hummmm, thanks for the info Bill. I originally had the file set to write however, soon learned I didn’t want all the logs so disabled it. That being said I think I’ll install an external hour meter.

Thanks guys for all your input.

Ron

Hey Ron,

Remember that there are two type of log files. The Part File Log option writes a separate log file for each file you run...it's the one that write all the extra files...but the System Log option only write one file that it appends whenever any file is run.

The Odometer reads that System Log and ignores anything that's run in Preview mode so only counts files that are run in Cut mode. It keeps a running tally and also lets you export as a spreadsheet if you want to do something interesting with the data.

If you want to keep track of how long your ShopBot is powered on though, an hour meter connected to the power is the best solution. The odometer just counts when a file is cutting