Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED Lights Control?

I guess it's another great vaporware promises from Shopbot that will not fulfill. This follows so many such promises in the past such as new embedded 32 bit controllers (the current controller was stopped being used in the Automotive industry around 2002) and better computer-based software. It's apparent that Shopbot is now lagging in the field. This is very disappointing. :-(

Sorry...haven't been on the forum much and slow to update on this:

We got the first batch boards and they replace your existing ribbon cable. On the end is a wago connector to attach the addressible LEDs. This picture shows it installed on my MAX and it shoudl be the same for any tool, but I had to get a longer ribbon cable for my old PRS Alpha..it is almost 10 inches long... so it will take some more testing before it's universal

2020-11-09 13.32.58.jpg

We're exploring some options for lights. This one works well on my PRS and is bolted to the YZ car, and 've just been sticking a straight strip to the gantry beam on my MAX. I'm sure there are some other creative ways to mount on a Desktop or other tool.

2020-11-09 13.16.13.jpg

The standard programming pulses yellow until the control box connects and then turns solid green. Since any time the tool moves we feel like you need a warning, when the tool is moving with the spindle off it turn read and randomly flashes. When the spindle does turn on to cut (or Warm up) it pulses red until the file stops where it goes back to green. The attached Arduino can be programmed any way you want though...the code is available on Github so the colors and patterns can be modified.

We've got a couple of testers but could use a few more, especially people with older tools or unusual setups. I rarely check private messages on here but if you're interested in being a tester send be an email at billyoung (at) shopbottools.com and we'll see what we can do.

2020-11-09 13.25.31.jpg

Interesting thread.
    I was just looking for an indicator light that would alert me that the machine was powered on. Several times I would come out in the morning and find it still powered up. (Sitting idle it's too quiet)
    Not really interested in a light telling me the gantry is moving or the spindle is energized. (Not too old yet to realize those things are happening) so I installed a signal light connected to the power switch. Couldn't find a single light so I opted for a dual unit. Not sure what I will do with the red light yet.

Bot light.jpg

Default UpsRW?

All,

Is there any update on this topic by Shopbot or is Shopbot still in the 1990's with Turbo Pascal?

Rich

It's been 3 years, 3 months, 16 days, and still no update on the new prototype board (should we call it the old prototype board?). What has SB been doing for the past 3 plus years dealing with software development?