Thread: Carrier chain arrived today ... wow

Default Carrier chain arrived today ... wow

Ordered this a few days back from Amazon and it arrived today..

I can only say it is of Excellent Quality for those of you who might need a 3 meter piece of it for your Y axis.

I would suppose two pieces would be needed for an 8 foot X axis. Opens up easily for the wires. Quite a bargain.

https://www.amazon.com/LMioEtool-Pla...%2C152&sr=8-29
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Default photo

I thought I should at least post a photo of the final carrier chain assembly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

looks good, I keep saying I need to do this for my X axis.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Looks great! The price is "ridikerusly" lower than what many of us paid back in the day...
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Default only 6 chains left

Seems to be only 6 chains left at that $25 price.

When you install it, move the Y to the zero position before attaching the stationary end of the chain ... that way you can do in right the first time....

https://www.amazon.com/LMioEtool-Pla...%2C152&sr=8-29

How did you attach the chain to the shopbot?
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Default Chain Attachment

Attached the carrier chain to the Y car with a small hardwood shelf about 4x 2 1/2 ... one does have to drill a few small holes in the Y car to attach.

The aluminum below / for holding the track was an old upper track from a window blind.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think my PRS Alpha was among the first to get the echain as included equipment. When I ordered my machine back in 2012, the echain wasn't standard. I didn't know anything about it at the time but when I got the machine and started hooking it up, I realized how important the echain would be so I called Diane (she used to be the sales person at SB) and ordered one. I think the price was pretty high, more than $500 for the two chains and trough carrier. I received the parts a few days later and a note from Diane that Shopbot decided to include the echain and the echain trough as standard equipment for the PRS Alpha. I didn't get charged. Very nice!

Seven and a half years later and the machine is still going strong. The echain is a required bit of kit in my book.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool