Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 10.5 Available

Default Aspire 10.5 Available

I just got a notice about 10.5. Some interesting new things, especially being able to toolpath a thread. Not sure how I'd use it since only gigantic threads could be cut with a CNC but it's nice to have it available.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Default Also VCP 10.5 just today:)

Lots of interesting new features....AND VCP 10.5 came out today...downloading now
    https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic....78025517894aa7
    Do love the free half grade improvements though!
    One day I'll fork over for Aspire like Jeff did...but just can't now
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

IF a major portion of your work is Pocket Toolpath with a Start Depth.....Wait a bit for next Patch.....Start Depth Bug DOUBLES the Start Depth at this moment in time.
    DO be aware that the 10.5* is NOT a Patch....and is treated like an Install.....In Portal....I THINK(?) all you need to download is the "Installer" NOT all the other ones
    (besides the Big 30mb 10.5* itself).
    NOT sure if any freebies in Aspire need downloading though
    I won't install 10.5* until the next Patch(soon) until Pocket bug is fixed, but you still need to do the 10.5* VCP install before you can do the patch!
    Best to keep current on the Vectric Forum for your product!
    Good thing I have 2 new beaver kits learning to swim and chew bark....and twin fawns learning to walk in water to throw coyote off trail...keeps me from meltdown looking out back door
    (And a young otter with no manners at All.....He and male beaver protecting the kits are going to have a SERIOUS DISCUSSION some day soon on how close he fishes to their den
    Keeps the BP down
    scott
    Sorry for the animal pics, but machine is down while I fix spoilboard....and I wanted to post Something!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Default Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    IF a major portion of your work is Pocket Toolpath with a Start Depth.....Wait a bit for next Patch.....Start Depth Bug DOUBLES the Start Depth at this moment in time.
    DO be aware that the 10.5* is NOT a Patch....and is treated like an Install.....In Portal....I THINK(?) all you need to download is the "Installer" NOT all the other ones
    (besides the Big 30mb 10.5* itself).
    NOT sure if any freebies in Aspire need downloading though
    I won't install 10.5* until the next Patch(soon) until Pocket bug is fixed, but you still need to do the 10.5* VCP install before you can do the patch!
    Best to keep current on the Vectric Forum for your product!
    Good thing I have 2 new beaver kits learning to swim and chew bark....and twin fawns learning to walk in water to throw coyote off trail...keeps me from meltdown looking out back door
    (And a young otter with no manners at All.....He and male beaver protecting the kits are going to have a SERIOUS DISCUSSION some day soon on how close he fishes to their den
    Keeps the BP down
    scott
    Sorry for the animal pics, but machine is down while I fix spoilboard....and I wanted to post Something!
    Scott, nice back yard pictures. JERRY

OK....VCP 10.503 Patch has fixed a few problems including the Pocketing problem I mentioned.
    Here are some of the improvements;
    https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35075
    You STILL have to download 10.5* and the installer from your portal....and THEN Patch it like the last 2(?) VCP *.5** s.

Thanks Jerry
    Yep, First Beavers didn't start the dam in 2008 early enough, and was so shallow it froze solid and don't think they survived that Winter as dam broke at ice out,and got fixed in 2016 by new pair.
    Here it is in 2014 when the tree roots had died and it turned into a sedge meadow(That doe threw twins every year, and is the grandmother of those fawns in other pics.Almost got tame feeding in the meadow that other does didn't quite dare, and got all her younguns to put up with the weird guy in my back atrium door windows
    2 different pairs of beavers since, and dam is much taller now.....GLAD I'm in a wheelchair and didn't build a basement....pond edge is only 30-35' from window...lively place
    2 more does are pregnant...and 2 beaver kits are now allowed out of den under supervision and when light is too low for pics....
    one of them doesn't like the water and has to get dragged in
    MUCH prefer it now!!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

I apologize sincerely for totally tromping on your thread John!!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Scott, who is your landscape architect ?

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    ......... Some interesting new things, especially being able to toolpath a thread. Not sure how I'd use it since only gigantic threads could be cut with a CNC but it's nice to have it available.
    Not that gigantic....I posted an example project on the Aspire forum: https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35147

Simple G
    Just hire some bucktooth aquatic dam-building rodents and give Mother Nature 12yrs
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Like this little guy!

Scott