Well Eric, most of my work is lutherie. I build mostly archtop guitars and some solidbody (electric) ones. Note that I don't do this professionnally. I sold only a very few right now but I am working on producing more as I get better at it and wish to sell some of my limited production.

I am retired from computer engineering, always palyed guitar and had some woodworking experience. Learning software like Fusion is not that difficult for me neither is the numeric technology.

So in Fusion, I design some guitar parts that are 3D like necks and bodies for electric guitars. I use it also for tools or jigs that I need (like radius blocks for the fretboard, etc.). I tend to prefer Fusion when the design has 3D, when it needs more precision and when I plan on reusing a design for a long time.

Sometimes I just need to create a simple toolpath, like facing a small block of wood for glueing or cutting a simple template, so I tend to go back to VCarve for that. I feel that for a very simple 2D one-shot job, VCarve might be faster. Also, for engraving, I often feel that the VCarve Guick Engraving toolpath is easier to use than the equivalent in Fusion.

But I really like how Fusion integrates the design, rendering, manufacturing and also the drawings, not to mention the more powerfull toolpath options.

What to YOU do in Fusion ? I am curious too.