Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeds and speeds webinar

Cool Feeds and speeds webinar

Hey all! I'm doing a webinar next week talking about feeds and speeds for CNC routing.

I'm going to share what I've learned, and how you can teach yourself how to get the most out of your bits, material and machine.

It's totally free to join, you can register here:

https://www.getfabber.com/webinars/2...speeds-webinar

It'll be about 30 minutes of presentation, and then we'll open it up for discussion. Hopefully you'll learn something and connect with others as well.

Hey all! If anyone missed this one I posted the recording here:

https://www.getfabber.com/webinars/2...inar-recording

Also there's a link to my free chipload calculator too.

Thanks for the link and posting it Eric!
    I knew Tuesday would be busy so didn't register
    Sorry I missed it and the after section!
    Thanks again!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

No worries if you missed it Scott! I'll be doing a few more of these.

There's a recording of it on that link you can watch if you want. The calculator I use in the video is linked there too if you want to have a copy.

PS if anyone out there has an idea for an upcoming one, let me know!

Thanks Eric,
    Just watched about half yesterday, and then it was dusk and wanted to watch beavers discover a 70' Sugar Maple that was uprooted and finally hit the ground yesterday.
    Probably give them 3-4 months of food for them and the 2 kits Wondering what the kit's Feed Rate will be on succulent Sugar Maple top twigs

LIKED how you did the chip load calculation tweaking for your small example machine!
    I was thinking that so far it would be a good post for Vectric small machine Newbies!
    Reminds me a little of Steve Glassell's excellent .pdfs on basic bits, but video so some youngsters will like it better.
    Just about to make second cuppa...and watch the remainder of yours
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Aah...You DID include the Q&A after session!
    Nice Touch Eric
    scott P.
    Maine

I did do a Q&A! I try to keep those relatively short, I figure with these things most people don't want to watch more than 30 minutes of stuff in one sitting... I could be wrong on that.

The whole premise of this one was to just give people some tools to get them in the ballpark on feeds and speeds. The idea with showing it on small, medium and large machines was hopefully to get people to see that there's some fuzzy logic/judgement calls that you need to make, and more broadly to really step back and take a look at the number to see if they make sense. Hope that telegraphed!

Yep...I personally liked the Q&A on the recording.....I think when TJ was doing the classes, people who stopped watching at the end of the recording missed some of the best parts.
    Show and Tell in TJ's instance, as well as problem solving not related to the subject he focused on.

You DID do a great job, and DID mention there were many ways to get to the Ballpark....AND that it was JUST the Ballpark and a starting point!
    You got the points across I thought!
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Thank you Eric for the recording of the Webinar.

I played with the calculator a little bit and one thing I am a little confused on is the relationship between depth of cut and chipload. It is inverted from what makes sense to me. Any chance you could explain that a little?

Again, thank you for the tutorial
    Blaine

I moderate a CO2 laser forum and get the same questions, and it is just as useless to ask on a laser as there are so many things that impact speed and power and materials.