Thread: Need some help with Lenovo laptop.

Default Need some help with Lenovo laptop.

I have a hand me down lenovo laptop that I would like to use as a backup. Its running windows 10. It will not connect to the controller. Anyone know why?

have you loaded drivers? Also I have a Win10 machine that I have to plug in to the bot and restart every time to get it to talk to the controller.

Default Shopbot link

This link might be handy... covers a lot of areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWe-PFofkA
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

I have a lenovo laptop that I used to use to control the shopbot without any kind of problem. Right now, I have a lenovo desktop hooked up to the shopbot and it's working perfectly.

If I understand correctly, your computer is second hand... When you got it, was there a bunch of applications installed on it or was it clean (fresh windows install) ??

Of course a clean install would give you less chances of problems.

I understand that Windows 10 has a procedure that you can use to perform a clean re-install of the itself. It does remove all user files and all applications that doesn't come with Windows... I would suggest doing this procedure and restart fresh. Note that I did not run this procedure myself.

On my one laptop I just had to reload the firmware for the shopbot to see the drivers.

You need to install the drivers you received with the controller or take it to the service center they will fix it for you