Thread: Moving Shopbot PRS Stsndard 48x96

Default Moving Shopbot PRS Stsndard 48x96

I would like to “slide” my Shopbot over 4’ on a relatively smooth concrete floor. How would I best accomplish this? Should I remove the gantry first and then simply slide it over with the help of a few other people? I probably need to check the levelness of the table before putting the gantry back on if I went this route. Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

Don't think you need to remove the gantry but you will need to check for level and square after moving it. It doesn't take too much force to rack a bolted frame.

I have now moved my 96 x 60 three times with the gantry on. First time was about 1/8th mile with a pontoon boat trailer after removing the lower cross members. 2nd time was 2 miles to my garage completely intact with trailer tongue jacks at all four corners on a 8' x 16' open trailer. Third time was 2 miles to my new shop, again using the jack and trailer method. Each time the table stayed square and only leveling was required. Four feet is child's play

After I put together my PRS Alpha 60x90x12, I decided to move it across the room. A friend and I just dragged it carefully. It didn't need leveling or any changes since the floor was reasonably flat. Total distance was maybe 10 feet on linoleum tile. I suggest using those "Moving men" type plastic pads for concrete.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool