Thread: For Sale - Selling my Desktop Shopbot with 1HP spindle and plexiglass protector!!

Default For Sale - Selling my Desktop Shopbot with 1HP spindle and plexiglass protector!!

Selling my Desktop Shopbot with 1HP spindle to upgrade (need a larger footprint)!! Shopbot OEM enclosure.

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Please see the pictures. This machine works perfect. I bought it 5 years ago as a nearly new model from a college grad student using it for plastics prototyping. Think its 2013-2014 vintage in great shape.I have used it about 60-80 hours for signs and small wood projects. Comes with magnetic dustboot.

I am considering going to a larger desktop max or small alpha.

This cnc is in excellent condition. Totally stock. 1HP spindle and plexiglass enclosure from shopbot.

Local pick up only but could deliver within a 45 min range from Philadelphia, PA (we are near villanova).
    $4900

can email at chris@kulpfamily.com for more info

also selling my buddy BT32 - is on craigslist in philly and on ebay. Having some challenges posting it here..

Thinking that Desktop is a very late 2014 model, as Gordon Fabbed us the first spindle interlock key in 2013, and it was about late 2014 that Ted decided it should be standard.
    Yours has spindle interlock...5.5" Z came in early 2015....Have you checked Z travel?
    I don't see the old "spindle enclosure" brackets on your machine.....IF 5.5" Z travel,
    it would save someone about $275 and an afternoon doing the Z-Retrofit that was available and we did on both our Desktops.
    Just mentioning, as it's a good deal for someone
    scott

P.S. Also Maybe mention which software comes with machine (Cut3D, etc) and the fact of $50 software transfer fee through Shopbot IF Shopbot Edition.
    Not positive, but also check how many times the owner transfer can be done with Shopbot Sales?
    Machine looks Very clean
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Thanks Scott - great feedback! I think that a local shop is going to buy both this and my buddy this weekend.

Bigger question - any thoughts as i think about moving to a shopbot desktop max?

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Thinking that Desktop is a very late 2014 model, as Gordon Fabbed us the first spindle interlock key in 2013, and it was about late 2014 that Ted decided it should be standard.
    Yours has spindle interlock...5.5" Z came in early 2015....Have you checked Z travel?
    I don't see the old "spindle enclosure" brackets on your machine.....IF 5.5" Z travel,
    it would save someone about $275 and an afternoon doing the Z-Retrofit that was available and we did on both our Desktops.
    Just mentioning, as it's a good deal for someone
    scott

P.S. Also Maybe mention which software comes with machine (Cut3D, etc) and the fact of $50 software transfer fee through Shopbot IF Shopbot Edition.
    Not positive, but also check how many times the owner transfer can be done with Shopbot Sales?
    Machine looks Very clean

"Max"has the same "Z" limits...besides that , can't see a thing wrong besides changing X.Y axis
    scott P.
    Maine

5.5Z " Is a minor game changer!!
    Love it !

Max is the same, but bigger footprint.....AND ability to cut vertically!!
    Vertical jigging change a LOT of things...pre 1914 with a central Y screw gave limited options for vertical cutting.

Vertical cutting opens a range of options not available to me with a 2013....2015 with the 5.5" Z was a game changer....Retro fit.5.5" Z at $275 was a game changer!!
    IF you have 5.5" Z...major $ and time saver!!
    Double Y servos made removing a section of aluminum decking,and adding a jig desirably nice for certain aspects.

(personally prefer a welded one-piece aluminum frame with a machined side for a rail), versus bolt together construction.)
    BIASED I KNOW!

5.5"Z makes a LOT a LOT of difference!!
    $275 an and an afternoon Is CHEAP.
    scott P.
    Maine

Sold my desktop and buddy to a local shop in the same day, then got my (used 2016) desktop max this am. Looking forward to getting to know my new machine!!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    5.5Z " Is a minor game changer!!
    Love it !

Max is the same, but bigger footprint.....AND ability to cut vertically!!
    Vertical jigging change a LOT of things...pre 1914 with a central Y screw gave limited options for vertical cutting.

Vertical cutting opens a range of options not available to me with a 2013....2015 with the 5.5" Z was a game changer....Retro fit.5.5" Z at $275 was a game changer!!
    IF you have 5.5" Z...major $ and time saver!!
    Double Y servos made removing a section of aluminum decking,and adding a jig desirably nice for certain aspects.

(personally prefer a welded one-piece aluminum frame with a machined side for a rail), versus bolt together construction.)
    BIASED I KNOW!

5.5"Z makes a LOT a LOT of difference!!
    $275 an and an afternoon Is CHEAP.

Sold!! Local shop bought this and my buddy.

In hindsight, I wonder if shopbot could better leverage their *STRONG* legacy market of used machines (these things are tanks and last forever) and build out a upgrade path for these legacy machines. I recognize the risk of cannibalization of new sales, but think this could be managed....