Thread: What has happened to the Porter Cable 7518?

Default What has happened to the Porter Cable 7518?

Hi,
    Its been a while since I've been here, but I'm searching for an answer to the question in the title. I am running an older PRT, and I use a Porter Cable 7518. For some reason these are sold out everywhere. I have emailed Porter Cable, but have not heard back from them. Does anybody know what is going on? Will it be discontinued? Or is this a case of them not being able to get parts out of China or something?

Thanks,
    Matt

I see a few on eBay and craig’s list for “new” price!
    Might be time to look at a Chinese spindle…

SG

I have a 7518 that is practically new and in a box on my self. I bought it to have as a spare but now have no need for it. I also have a used 7519 with unknown run time but still runs great. Make me a reasonable offer on either or both. You pay shipping.

From what I could find it sounds like a supply chain issue with China. Cost of $600 to $700 and 30 to 60 day delivery. All of the feedback is very poor quality. Chinese junk as far as quality goes. I have two that need rebuilding and one that is still cranking along. I bought a Portamate Bora replacement last year for under $250 and it is $350 online now. Have not plugged it in yet.

This summer I started looking for a control module for a Kitchenaid cooktop. List price was from $45 to $65 before Covid. I could not find it in stock anywhere. Finally called Grainger and they had it. I asked them was it in stock. The lady called their supplier and was told it would be shipped out within two days from Whirlpool. That was in June for $180. When it didn't arrive in two weeks I called to check on it. New shipment date of Sept 10th. I kept it on order since no one else had it. I got notice that it would be delivered about Sept 5th. On inspection it was built in China on Aug 25! They had to build it to ship. It did work when I replaced it.
    MikeK
    ShopBot BenchTop with 4G upgrade
    Vacuum Table with Fein Vac
    Aspire 4.5

Good Evening Rob,
    Do you still have your PC7518?
    I live near Lawrence Michigan so not too far away.

That is a old post. I regret that the router motors that I had for sale are all sold. Sorry...