Quote Originally Posted by bill.young View Post
Hey Richard... I checked into it for you and it looks like ShopBot had sent you a quote that included shipping via UPS for $78.19. Let them know if you didn't get that quote.

Bill

I got that one. That's in US dollars. It is no different than the Fedex quote. That will translate into close to $150 Canadian when the courier stops extorting me for brokerage fees, handling fees, fuel fees, etc. There is a 3% charge by the credit cards or PayPal or my bank to convert the Canadian money to USD. Then there is the exchange rate at close to 40% on everything. Then when that is all totaled, we get hit with a 13% tax. I just ordered something larger than that plate and the shipping was less than $20 CAD.

I just did a quick estimate and I got $157 and change Canadian on the shipping fees. Fedex and UPS quotes are the same.

If it gets ship by USPS, the cost goes way down. USPS hands it off to Canada Post at the border and there usually is no brokerage fee, but the most they charge if they do is $5. I am looking for one that is used so it can be mailed to me as SB won't use USPS.