Thread: ShopBot PRSalpha 48-48-6 2009 For Sale

Default ShopBot PRSalpha 48-48-6 2009 For Sale

2009 48x48 PRSalpha located in Chappaqua, NY. Porter Cable 7518 router. Computer with VCarve Pro 7.5 and the ShopBot software included.

I believe I'm the second owner, I purchased it via these forums in 2015: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...-2009-For-Sale

I've used it lightly for hobby projects. I replaced the ShopBot dust shoe with a Kent dust shoe, and replaced the standard leveling feet with leveling casters. (All of the original parts are included.) I've also upgraded the computer with a faster CPU, more memory, new graphics card, and a 24" 4K monitor.

The previous owner had a vacuum table, which I have not used but is still present and the plumbing is included. (No vacuum included though.)

More images and a video of it cutting: https://imgur.com/a/vQxREjT
    Video of the ShopBot moving around without the router or dust collector running: https://youtu.be/AmOTbrY63Fo

$6500
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still available, let's try $6000.

I am interested.

Are there any issues with it? Are you selling any bits with it?

Years ago I helped move a fully assembled Shopbot Buddy 24x48 to a basement workshop. It was rather heavy.
    When you originally bought it, did you disassemble it to move it? If so, how bad was it?

You can email me if it's easier: schadjo@gmail.com

Thanks.

The machine has no issues that I'm aware of. In my ownership from 2015 to present it has only had one failure. In 2016 it developed an issue where it would run for a while and then quit. The ShopBot tech support folks help me diagnose that a 24 volt power supply in the control box had failed. They shipped me a new power supply and the machine has worked without problems ever since.

For bits I have:

1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" two flute end mills, all purchased by me
    1/4 and 3/8" mills inherited from the previous owner
    A bed surfacing mill inherited from the previous owner
    1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" collets for the router (plus a spare 1/4" collet)
    (The 1/8" mill has a 1/4" shaft)

I did not disassemble the machine when I moved it. I rolled it out of the previous owner's shop onto a trailer, drove to my house, rolled it out of the trailer into my garage, and it's been there ever since.

I won't lie, it's heavy. I can barely lift one corner off the ground, so it's at least 500 pounds, probably more like 750. I have seen other folks here on the forums mention removing the gantry when moving machines, but I don't know if there are instructions for doing so.

jheiss

That is easy. It only takes loosening 4 bolts on either side of the gantry to allow the motors to disengage from the rack. Then gently roll to an end and have some very strong helpers help you take it off the machine and set it aside. ( you may have some wire loom issues that need to be dealt with or vacuum hose... small stuff). Then a rented or borrowed pallet jack can roll the frame to the waiting trailer. Depending on your creativity- you can roll it right onto a waiting trailer. A sheet of thick plywood will be very helpful in this, to gap the ramps to a trailer (assuming the ramps are not solid and planar). One CAN carry such a machine with 4 or so people... but a borrowed pallet jack or 4 wheel rolly carts are much much better

This machine is now sold.