Thread: Porter-Cable 7518 replacement

Default Porter-Cable 7518 replacement

Anyone know what other router - if any- will fit in the 7518 mount? Ordered some bearings and brushes but I need to get a couple of jobs out. Both my backups routers are down - I failed to take them in before CV and now the repair center is out of business. TIA

I have had a spindle for years now but before that I used a Milwaukee for a few years. I think that I just had to shim the mount a little bit with some shim stock.

Thanks for the comment about Milwaukee. I was starting to think about a spindle - would love to have one - but knew it would take a while to find out what it takes to change over PLUS my sub panel is full and no place to add another 220 line. Just today all the ordered bearings/brushes - bearing puller, impact wrench came together and got one running. Also have one coming from another botter Bottom line is I SHOULD have taken the first one that died a year ago in to get repaired then. The second on died within CV time, then the 3rd and last one 2 weeks ago..