Thread: Couple Alpha PRT Questions

Default Couple Alpha PRT Questions

I'm putting together my Alpha PRT 96 I just bought from a local guy. He didn't have dust collection set up. The machine is in my 2 car garage. I was wanting to see if you guys could help with a couple things:

1.I was thinking of running pvc from my dust collector in the corner, up the wall and then over the ceiling to dead center over the machine, then run flex hose down to the machine. Do you guys that have maybe done this have any pics of how you did it?

2. Does anyone have a file for a dust boot for this machine? I have the Porter Cable Router.

3. I think I saw somewhere that Shopbot has a kit to mount the control box on the side/under side of the table? I dont' see it on their online store.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

And one last thing, what accessories/upgrades have you guys added that you've liked?

It's better to use metal ducting than PVC. Some use it, others, like me, think it's a bad idea due to static electricity buildup. If you live in a moist climate, probably not as much a problem. Metal ducting will likely be less expensive as well.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    It's better to use metal ducting than PVC. Some use it, others, like me, think it's a bad idea due to static electricity buildup. If you live in a moist climate, probably not as much a problem. Metal ducting will likely be less expensive as well.
    Thanks, where did you get your metal ducting?

I bought metal ducting at Home Depot.

Phil

I use PVC with a ground wire running though it. No static and we are high mountain desert very low humidity. Russ

Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Holy **** "Da Train Guy",,,had to take awhile to stare at your incredible looking shop!

I have a confession, the day the pix was taken was the LAST time it looked that neat! Since then the shop has been a great source of retirement enjoyment and I have also made a buck or two! I have since added a 24 inch Woodmaster Planer and it is also hooked up via PVC. I have also rearranged the shop some. Thanks for the comment, I really do appreciate it. Russ

Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA: Da Train Guy