Thread: Lost negative Y movement

Default Lost negative Y movement

Hi there,

I went to re-zero my desktop today, and when it went to go discover the Y limit switch, it shot right past and started an awful grinding noise at the end of the Y travel. I shut it down, powered everything off, and manually moved the gantry in the negative-Y direction a few inches. Since then, the keypad control for negative-Y (the "down" arrow) only moves the gantry in a positive-Y direction. Same with the positive-Y control. So, I have no way to move the gantry in a negative-Y direction.

Anybody have any suggestions?

It's possible that you have a bad driver...only moving in one direction is a symptom of that...but the first thing I'd look at is the Y-axis location in the display and see if it's a large negative number. If so, try setting it to 0 by typing ZY and then try moving it again.

Bill

Just wondering if the problem was resolved?
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Yep. Problem solved. Turns out, I needed a new board. I have to say that SB support was outstanding. Walked me through an extensive set of diagnosis steps. It was quite clear that the root cause was in the main board. It took three days to get it to me, an hour to install, and I was happily cutting parts that evening.

This just happened to me last night, except on the X axis.