Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Indexer PP issue

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    Bobmann,

Did you give the MTC.sbp that I edited/attached a try with your tool change post? I'd be interested to see what it does. As Ryan stated, the MTC file does manage the dual Z situation, but it is also supposed to manage the B axis differently when it sees that the machine is set up for an indexer. Problem is, there's an error in the MTC.sbp that fails at checking for it, and instead, just passes it through to be managed as linear instead of rotary. Give it a try and report back. Who knows, it might work, but there could be more nonsense further along in the tool changing process.
    Thanks, I will try that. Right now I am working on a job with a deadline so it will be a couple days before I can play with the indexer thing again.

Bobmann,

Did you give the MTC.sbp that I edited/attached a try with your tool change post? I'd be interested to see what it does. As Ryan stated, the MTC file does manage the dual Z situation, but it is also supposed to manage the B axis differently when it sees that the machine is set up for an indexer. Problem is, there's an error in the MTC.sbp that fails at checking for it, and instead, just passes it through to be managed as linear instead of rotary. Give it a try and report back. Who knows, it might work, but there could be more nonsense further along in the tool changing process.

Just to be sure that I will put this modified MTC program in the correct place, does this replace the one that is in my C:/program data/shopbot support/custom/mtc

I am having difficulty location the definitions of all the codes used in the program, for example, "C9".
    Is there a list anywhere that tells me what these different designations mean?
    I searched for "G Codes" and all I got was designations that were "G-xx"
    The software manuals on the shopbot reference page does not define these either.
    The SB3 program is no help here, either.
    0209211356[1].jpg

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Unless they've changed where it used to always be, place it in the C:\SbParts\Custom\MTC folder and let it overwrite the one that is there.

These docs should help...

https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...mmandRefV3.pdf
    https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...%2008%2003.pdf
    https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...eShortcuts.pdf
    Scott

Unless they've changed where it used to always be, place it in the C:\SbParts\Custom\MTC folder and let it overwrite the one that is there.

These docs should help...

https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...mmandRefV3.pdf
    https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...%2008%2003.pdf
    https://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBot...eShortcuts.pdf
    There is no file path like you describe on my PC.
    The custom folder is on the program data folder as I described in the previous post.

I have see those documents, thanks.
    Still do not know what "C9" refers to.

I will put the new MTC in the folder that it appears in my previous post, create a rotary part file with a couple tool changes, load it up and report back.

C9 is used in the part file to call up the Custom9.sbc file, which decides what direction to hand off for tool changing. Either ATC or MTC. Since you don't have ATC, it sends execution on to the MTC.sbp file.

Ok, they must have changed where the custom files are stored since I've dropped SB3.
    Scott

C9 is used in the part file to call up the Custom9.sbc file, which decides what direction to hand off for tool changing. Either ATC or MTC. Since you don't have ATC, it sends execution on to the MTC.sbp file.

Ok, they must have changed where the custom files are stored since I've dropped SB3.
    So, turns out that for some reason the file locations are different on my PC in the house that I use for design vs the PC I use out in the shop to run the Shopbot. The latter has the same files and location as you described.

I put your MTC in place in both computers, and ran an indexer program.
    I was able to create a part file in Aspire that uses 3 tools, no problem.
    PP used was the "X parallel TC 2016" that I downloaded from SB website.

I started the program, and the B value did not change!!!

The A value did change, but since that value is meaningless in my case, I am a happy camper and just ignore that field.

I will create another part using multiple tools and actually cut a part tomorrow.
    Indications are that your fix was successful. I will let you know for sure when I cut a part start to finish.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Good to hear! All because someone couldn't see the errant ":" in the MTC file and take the easy route of "it doesn't work on the Max".

6+ weeks * ??/hr vs knowing what the problem was after your first post.....I'll take the balance $$$ (not from you)!
    Scott

Good to hear! All because someone couldn't see the errant ":" in the MTC file and take the easy route of "it doesn't work on the Max".

6+ weeks * ??/hr vs knowing what the problem was after your first post.....I'll take the balance $$$ (not from you)!
    I do appreciate you helping me out here, you stepped in when no one else would.
    I created a test part that had several different tools and it ran fine as far as the tool changes go. The B value did do some strange things, but I do not think it has anything to do with the MTC issue.
    I will start another thread for that.

I live 20 minutes from SB headquarters, if you are ever in the area, please look me up...dinner is on me.

Regards, Bob